Friday, 17 January 2014

Friday Favourites


Hey guys! Here is another Friday Favourites because I wanted to share a few more of the products I have been loving recently..

Soap and Glory's 'Thick And Fast' mascara - I accidentally picked this up the silver tube mascara by mistake (I had previously used and loved the one which comes in the black tube) but I had a feeling I would still love it either way and I wasn't disappointed! It's a pretty wet formula and I've had it smudge a teeny bit on me but I find the separated, long lashes it gives you are more than worth it!

Soap and Glory's 'Scrub Of Your Life' - I'm pretty new to scrubs but I got this and decided to give it a go.. I love it so much that as soon as it runs out I know I will be in Boots picking up another one (or at least another scrub to see what else is out there, what are you favourites?) It feels really good on your skin and lathers up nicely. My skin feels soft and smells amazing after, although I do wish Soap and Glory products didn't all have the same scent.. When you're using three or four products at the same time which all smell the same, I find I get a bit bored with the scent. 


Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in 003 - I'm not the biggest lip stick wearer but I've been trying to find some that I can wear during the day and I found just that in this lipstick. It's on the darker scale of nude shades, it applies nicely and is suitable for day time wear. 

Thierry Mugler 'Angel' - I think I've mentioned this perfume on my blog before but I still just can not get enough of it. My only issue with it is the bottle - it's pretty but it doesn't stand up by itself!

NARS cream concealer - I was really disappointed with this product when I first got it, it was so dry and hard to work with that I let it sit in my drawer for weeks. I mentioned how disappointed I was with it on Twitter and someone suggested that I should depot it into another container because they had found it to be dry also and found this worked. I took their advice and they were right - now that I have smushed it up a bit and have it in a new jar, its so much creamier and has turned out to be a pretty decent concealer. I use this for blemishes as it's not a highlighting concealer and I'm pretty pleased with how it works. I will miss it once it's gone but its a product which comes with two shades of concealer as a duo and the other is just way too dark for my skin, so I doubt I will repurchase it.

Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram

24 comments:

  1. The Scrub of your life is my favourite S&G product! Enjoy :)
    Followed you on GFC and bloglovin. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the scrub is my favourite body product of theirs which I have used so far.. I love their make up too!

      Delete
  2. i love all your nail sets accross your blog! id love some of your colours! great blog x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from instagram :)

    I have always wanted to try soap and glory but you can only get certain products in the US (I think only at sephora). The mascara looks nice - I love wetter formulas and the brush looks right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is any of the the Soap and Glory make up sold there? I had a look on the Sephora website at some of the body care type products and was surprised at how much they cost compared to here..

      Delete
  4. Great favourites, I love the Soap and Glory Scrub Of Your Life as it smells amazing. I've got the Thick and Fast mascara as well but I am yet to try it as I have got so many other ones to use first but I'm looking forward to using it as I have heard so many good things about it x
    Prettylittlefashionista 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the mascara! Like I said, I meant to pick up the one that comes in the black tube but this one is great aswell!

      Delete
  5. I love the mascara! I have it in the gold tube ♥

    www.j4miejohnston.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that mascara too :) lovely blog and images! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's too bad the NARS Creamy Concealer didn't work out for you. It is so hyped up!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I think it's always a bigger disappointment too when it's a hyped up product that you don't like :(

      Delete
  8. I'm also a BIG fan of 'Scrub of your Life' and I totally agree about getting bored of the scent. Although I love it a bit of variety would be nice!

    Katrina
    www.chatterfoxuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would be lovely to see the lipstick on. I love lipstick but have never tried Rimmel! I'm also a fan of the black Soap and Glory mascara so will definitely give the silver version a go!

    Thank you for linking your blog over Twitter! If you're feeling lovely please check mine out in return.
    averageadventures.org xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My only issue with the mascara is that I feel like it transfers and smudges a little bit on me since it's not a waterproof one :/

      Delete
  10. I'm glad the mascara wasn't a disappointment, it's a bit naff when you pick up the wrong product!

    I've been meaning to try some of that Kate Moss lippy for yonks! I really need to start wearing lipstick, my face just looks so plain and bland, wehh!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was like damnit! when I pulled it out of the box and saw it was a silver tube. Thanks :)

      Delete
  11. Oh, I love Soap & Glory scrubs.. they always smell amazing and work wonders! I'm going to have to get a new one as I've run out :-( I also love Angel perfume but it's what my stepmum wears so I can't wear it because it's kind of like 'her thing', haha! Sounds silly but ah well. Loving your blog! Just followed you on Bloglovin.

    Caitlin
    caitacrawford.blogspot.co.uk
    - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got Pulp Friction from S&G to try as well but it has a weird after smell and I'm not sure if I like it..

      Delete
  12. May try S & Glory's mascara- I don't mind wet mascaras. I have the Kate Moss lipstick in 03 too- it's a great colour but I was expecting something better being kate moss but the taste reminds me of cheap candy that used to pop in your mouth. ugh.

    Nikki http://lipstickdrawer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean Pop Rocks? I just had some of that the other day and it reminded me of being a kid again! I'd be interested to hear what you think on the mascara if you do decide to get it.

      Delete