Tuesday 28 August 2012

What's in my travel make up bag?


I recently spent a lovely week in Devon and thought I would write a post about the make up I took with me. On a day to day basis I wear very simple make up, so this isn't going to be the most exciting 'What's in my travel make up bag' you will ever read but I still decided to share it with you. 


 Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation
 Soap and Glory's Thick & Fast mascara, I love this but mine is finally needing to be replaced.
 MUA (now not so clear) mascara which I use to set my eyebrows after I have filled them in.
 Balance Me Rose Otto lip balm
 Revlon lip butter in Cupcake
 L'oreal Caresse lip stick in Tempting Lilac
 Collection lasting perfection concealer which has definitely seen better days now that I have lost the lid!
 Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder
Rimmel eyes hadow quad in 'Smoky Brun', I use the darkest colour from this quad on my eyebrows and the lightest colour as a highlight in the corner or my eyes
Soap and Glory eye liner pencil in black
Real Techniques blush brush
Eco Tools powder brush
Random eye liner brush from Sainsburys
Collection Highlighting concealer
MUA eye liner pencil in brown
MUA mosaic blush in 'English Rose'
Cath Kidston make up bag

Oh, on a side note, I took these pictures on the window sill in the living room of the cottage we rented for the week. I really wish I had a window sill like this! The lighting and space were good for taking pictures which is something I don't have in my own house.

29 comments:

  1. I personally love Rimmel Stay Matte, the cheapest way to stay matte! Great post, loved the make up bag:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty much the only powder I have ever used so far. I've never felt the need to try anything else, although I have been tempted by some MAC ones.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, I love so many of these products! Do you like the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation? I'm really tempted to get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really like it! I did a more in depth review on it here if you're interested :)

      http://chellesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/review-chanel-vitalumiere-aqua.html

      Delete
  3. I love all the contents in there! love you makeup bag too :)
    hareem x

    iheartmexo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really great post, I love seeing what people travel with.
    I agree about the windowsill, I'd like one like that to take pictures too, as they are really great pictures.

    Have a beautiful day

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have anywhere with good light and enough room to set products out in my house, so this window sill was perfect!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It tends to get pretty messy inside but it's easy enough to clean - I just throw it in the washing machine with my clothes every now and then :)

      Delete
  6. Your makeup bag is amazing! So pretty.
    & you have some great products here, I bet your makeup always looks beautiful
    xxx

    www.littleboblab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the bag in the same design as the make up bag and was tempted! :)

      Delete
  7. I've never tried Chanel's foundation, but would love to. And I wish I could find more Soap and Glory products here in America.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sending me your link on the bbloggers chat last night :)
    I love your make-up bag!!
    Following you on Bloglovin and Hello Cotton now

    Terri-Jane xx
    twoninethree.wordpress.com
    @terrijane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like seeing what everyone has in their make up bags, i like to see pieces of make up that i don't own that I can add to my 'wish list' I also love those Read technique brushes, i don't own any of them but keep meaning to, do you like it is it good?

    Laura (from twitter). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the blush brush! I want to try some more of their brushes, I have my eye on the powder brush next and maybe one of their eye brush kits :)

      Delete
  10. I have this make-up bag too :D I love the Soap & Glory mascara was really pleasantly surprised with the quality of it! ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too, I got mine free with a magazine a while back and wish I had picked up some more :)

      Delete
  11. I am looking at buying real techniques brushes! Excited! I love balance me!

    whispersfromangels.blogspot.co.uk

    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a lovely post, you sure are a great blogger! Xxx

      Delete
    2. This is such a lovely post, you sure are a great blogger! Xxx

      Delete
  12. what a cute travel makeup bag! the makeup isn't half bad either :p haha

    Stay pretty xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the make up bag from a Cath Kidston outlet type shop, so it was cheap! :)

      Delete
  13. I was just about to ask what the Chanel foundation was like, but I saw you have a review of it - checking it out after this!

    I've always wanted to do this type of post, but I'm one of those people who takes EVERYTHING with them wherever they go! Haha.

    Andrea x

    missandreascarlet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you should still do one :)
      I absolutely love the foundation, I just wish it gave a bit more coverage!

      Delete
  14. Hello Chelle! I love the Revlon Lip Butters! I have them in Candy Apple and Berry Smoothie! They're so creamy and pigmented! Anyways, it would make me a very happy beauty blogger if you checked out my blog and left a comment!

    Check out my beauty blog: www.thecutelittlebeautyblog.wordpress.com

    Xo, The Cute Little Beauty Blogger <3

    ReplyDelete